Wednesday, October 06, 2010

The Interviewer and the Pea (Day Eight)

Well folks, a new season is upon us! A new season of adventure and comedy. A season a new faces. And to introduce some of those new faces (as well as say hello to some returning ones) we are once again sitting down with our latest cast for a series of interviews. I took a few moments to sit down and talk with another familiar face to Makeshift Theatre Co, Tim Fairley.


Hi Tim, tell us a bit about yourself!
I'm from newton ma and I went to Newton South High School. My first love in theatre has always been Shakespeare which I first started doing at Newton South in collaboration with Newton North, but I also get a lot of joy doing theatre for children. I have previously done Hansel and Gretel, and The Emperor's New Clothes. Hansel and Gretel was my favorite because I got to ham it up with Andy.

Who do you play in Princess and the Pea?
I play Jim the Tailor. I really like him because he is very honest and I'd like to think that I am that honest.

What was the hardest thing you ever had to do as an actor?
That is a tough question but I think the toughest thing is always auditioning. I'm always confident once I get in a show, but no matter how well I prepare auditions are always nerve wracking.

Of all the shows you've been in, what was your favorite and why?
I just finished playing Marc Antony in Caesar and I think that is definitely up there on my list. Antony has some great speeches and it was a great experience working on that show.

What do you do before a performance to prepare to go on stage?
I sometimes do some warm ups for energy, and voice, but mostly I just review my lines and try to focus.

What advice would you give to a young person in the audience who might be interested in theatre?
Just keep doing it. No matter how many times you might fail you will always get back up stronger than you were in the first place.

What do you think families should take away from Princess and the Pea?
I think the moral is that love is the most important thing. Also you should be true to yourself no matter what people expect from you.

The Princess and the Pea is performing throughout October. Visit Makeshifttheatre.com for more information!


The Regent Theatre
781-646-4898
Arlington, MA
Sunday October 17th 1:00pm
Saturday October 23 10:30am

No comments: