Friday, September 24, 2010

The Interviewer and the Pea (Day One)

Well folks, a new season is upon us!  A new season of adventure and comedy. A season a new faces. And to introduce some of those new faces (as well as say hello to some returning ones) we are once again sitting down with our latest cast for a series of interviews. Today we have the pleasure of meeting a newcomer to the Makeshift Family, Tim O'Connor.

Hi there, Tim!
Oh, hello there!

So, tell our readers a bit about yourself. Where are you from, what other shows have you been in?
My name is Tim O'Connor and I come from the city Malden, Massachusetts. Over the years, I've been such shows as Romeo and Juliet, The Complete Works of William Shakespeare: Abridged, and Nineteen-Eighty Four. This is my first time working with the Makeshift Theatre Co and I am excited to say that the experience has been awesome!

So, what role do you play in Princess and the Pea?
The script for The Princess and The Pea is hilarious, the cast is bursting with comedic energy, and the director really knows how to tie it all together and make it come alive. I play the part of "Poughkeepsie" Paul Snodgrass, Lead Triangle of The Western Kingdom Swingers Orchestra. I really dig his silly three word one-liners that "overstate the obvious."

What was the hardest thing you ever had to do as an actor?
As an actor, the hardest thing I've ever had to do was write and perform in my own one-person play.

What's been your favorite show that you've ever worked on?
Of all the shows I've been in, Nineteen-Eighty Four was my favorite because it was my very first full length play and it was based on one of my favorite books.

How do you prepare for a role, before you go on stage and face the audience?
Before a performance I like to stretch, do breathing exercises, and walk around as my character for preparation to go on stage.

If you could say any one thing to a young audience member who might be interested in theatre, what would it be?
To any young person in the audience with even the smallest interest in theatre, I offer this advice: DO IT. Go out a school play, audition for local theatre companies, or even get yourself and some friends together and make your own production. Theatre might end up being your favorite thing in the world but you won't know if you don't try it out.


Any final thoughts? Anything you'd like the audience to take away from the new show?
I hope the audience at least takes away the idea that honesty is the best course of action. Hope you enjoy the show!!  


The Princess and the Pea is performing throughout October. Visit Makeshifttheatre.com for more information!


The Regent Theatre
781-646-4898
Arlington, MA
Sunday October 17th 1:00pm

Saturday October 23 10:30am

Riverside Theatre Works
617-361-5269
Hyde Park, MA

Saturday October 2
11:00am & 1:00pm

No comments: